Carrie's Story

Hello! My name is Carrie Hunt! I am 26 years old and live in New Albany where I was born and raised. I’m an assistant teacher at West Union Attendance Center and I’m currently pursuing my bachelors degree to become a certified teacher at Blue Mountain College. It’s true when God gives you a calling, you have to follow it! I really don’t discuss personal things on social media. If you ask me a question in person though, I’m very open and honest. In February this year, I was diagnosed with PCOS(Poly cystic ovarian syndrome). PCOS causes many issues for women, reproductive problems, endocrine problems, anxiety and depression.  I don’t let it define me, even on the days where I wish I didn’t have it and just want it gone. Although there is no cure, I choose to fight it, not let it fight me. One in ten million women in the U.S. have it! We are all fighters. I guess I feel the need to discuss it now because I understand it and what it entails. Like I said, I’m an open book. I’m open to discuss my options with it, and what it means for me moving forward. I’m here to educate because it’s not something everyone takes seriously. September is PCOS Awareness Month! After being diagnosed, my relationship with God has done a 360! I was struggling for so long to get an answer, and through prayer and the right physician, my questions were answered.  It’s hard as a 26 year old woman to take in such a diagnosis. The struggles women face with it is not easy. BUT GOD. He sees me through every single day!! He’s provided friendships through my trials and triumphs! God has a purpose for us all! šŸ’™ I hope my story encourages you to do some research if you think you have it, or just wanna educate yourselves on this tricky thing. Have a blessed one!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fork In The Road

Totally in Tuesdays