Marriage Mondays

~Marriage Ain’t Easy Monday~

 Hey Ladies, I hope you have had a great wknd. I have been under the weather most of the weekend and still not feeling great today. I got a text from one of my co workers asking if I was alive today because I didn’t go to work. Lol I never call into work, so if you wouldn’t mind just saying a little prayer for me today, I would greatly appreciate it. This post is not going to be an easy one to swallow but just know I am talking to me too! Today, I just want to talk you guys about being contentious or argumentative. The Bible says in Proverbs 21:9: Better to dwell in a corner of a housetop, than in a house with a contentious woman. The Bible is saying that no one wants to live in a house with a woman that is constantly picking fights and wanting to argue. The same thing goes with nagging our husbands.

The Bible says in Proverbs 19:13 A foolish son is the ruin of his father, And the contentions of a wife are a continual dripping. You know that annoying dripping sound, thats what the Bible says we are to our husbands when we nag them constantly.

 Ladies, our husbands don’t want to be nagged by us constantly and they sure don’t want to fight and argue all the time. I know I can’t stand to be nagged or to fight but I am just as guilty of nagging my husband. Especially, when it is something I want done and can’t do it without his help. Now, I know sometimes we have to give them gentle reminders about things, but let it be exactly that…a gentle reminder.

We need to filter our words through the Holy Spirit before letting them out. I am so guilty of just talking without filtering what is coming out. Have you ever had that one person that you know that everything had to be an argument or they questioned everything you did or said? Did it get on your nerves? That’s us to our husbands when we constantly harass them. 

Ladies we need to be the peacemakers. We need to make it to where our husbands can’t wait to come home. They can’t wait to be with us and do things with us. I know you are saying what about them, well what about them? I bet if we changed our attitudes and our nagging got less they would notice and they would probably start to make some changes too. We can only be responsible for us and our own actions.

Pray for your spouse and your marriage. If there is something in our marriages that we don’t like and want to change, it’s time to evaluate ourselves and see what part we play in that. It’s time we take responsibility for the part we play in our marriages.

Marriage isn’t easy ladies, we have to fight hard for it. It’s worth it and your spouse is worth it! The next time we get the urge to nag or argue lets stop and filter it before letting the words come out of our mouths.

 Lord, I pray for these ladies reading this post today. I pray that we would put you first and then our spouses Lord. I pray that we start to filter our words and responses through you and we would take our thoughts and words captive. I pray that no spirit but your Holy Spirit have its way in our marriages and our homes. We love you Lord and we want whats best for our spouses and our marriages Lord. Please help to us to be the spouses that you have created us to be. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fork In The Road

Carrie's Story

Totally in Tuesdays