BUT I REALLY NEED IT!!

 A Follower of Christ Friday Blog Post 



As I write this, I find myself in the midst of a storm, one concerning my health with my back.  A dear friend of mine was taking me to my appointment with a Physical Therapist yesterday when I expressed concerns I had about several areas regarding treatments.  Who should I choose as a doctor? What medicines, if any should I take?  How to pay for these services etc?  You know the typical stuff you think about when you are dealing with health stuff. 

She then pulls out the verse that I have quoted numerous times while ministering to others.  And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 

How many times do we remind ourselves or others of this truth when we are in need of something?  It's definitely a favorite verse of mine, but when she quoted it to me right in the midst of my thought process it flicked a light on in my brain.   How many of those times are they NEEDS, and how many times are they WANTS? 

Do we really understand what this verse is saying?  

The word says "God will supply ALL your NEEDS.  Not some of them, All of them.  Your needs, but Not your wants!  Sometimes y'all, needs and wants can be the same thing, but most of the time wants are just that. . . a WANT! 

I know I have been guilty of asking for things out of selfish aspirations, and out of the desires of the flesh, when they really were not NEEDS!  Maybe desires of my heart, but Not necessarily NEEDS.  It's human nature unfortunately.  

However, what a FAITH builder this verse is, if you sink your teeth into it.  God WILL (that's a promise) Supply ALL (every single one) of the NEEDS (essentials) we have.  

So the questions then remain. . . Do we (you and I) trust HIM?  Do we (you and I) truly believe HE will?  

Or perhaps are we relying on our own merits and our ability to "get it done?" 


Dear friends, I am ministering to myself as I write this as an encouragement to you as well. 

We have to go to Father God and say "Father, you know what I am going through, I don't see how this is going to turn out, but I know YOU can.  I am going to trust you. . . that though all of this, you have gone before me to make a way, for ALL MY NEEDS and you are with me in the midst of it all, if I will just have FAITH and TRUST you!  



Together we follow Christ, 

Brandi Bell 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fork In The Road

Carrie's Story

Totally in Tuesdays