Have You Lost That Loving Feeling?

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

I hope y'all had a great weekend! We did, it just wasn't long enough. :)
I am going to get right to the post today!

You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips
And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips
You're trying hard not to show it
But baby, baby I know it

You lost that lovin' feelin'
Whoa, that lovin' feelin'
You lost that lovin' feelin'
Now it's gone, gone, gone, whoa-oh


Now, that I have you singing that song, because I know you can't read it without singing it. Lol

That's my question for the day, Have you lost that loving feeling? Have you? If not right now, have you ever lost that loving feeling?

The song goes on to say:
Baby, baby, I'd get down on my knees for you
If you would only love me like you used to do, yeah
We had a love, a love, a love you don't find everyday
So don't, don't, don't, don't let it slip away


The song says they HAD a love. Where did it go?

I was reading Song of Solomon 2:5 today and it says this:
Sustain me with cakes of raisins, Refresh me with apples, For I am Lovesick.

If you look up the meaning of lovesick, Webster says languishing with love or yearning.
That's the way we felt when we first started dating, you know it was. That can't eat, can't sleep, can't focus, all you can think about is them, kind of love. 
The Shulamite woman in this story said she only wanted to eat raisin cakes and apples because she was so lovesick. When was the last time you/I felt so lovesick for your spouse that they consumed your every thought and you couldn't wait to be with them and you wanted to spend every minute with them, and you didn't want to eat?
This post is for me too, because if we are honest it has probably been a minute, or two, or years even.

Let's go back to the song, actually read the lyrics of that song, is that you? Is that your spouse?
I haven't lost that loving feeling, however I am not as lovesick as I used to be, and you probably aren't either, if you are being honest. 

How do we get that loving feeling back? Make the effort! I saw this e-card today that The Dating Divas posted and it said Marriage doesn't make you happy. You make your marriage happy. 
It's that simple really, You and your spouse have to put the effort in to make your marriage happy. Brock & I have to put the effort in to make our marriage happy. 

E- Extra. Be extra in your marriage. Go the extra mile to do something kind for your spouse.
F- Fun. Make your marriage fun! Laugh a lot together. 
F- Fulfill. Make sure you are fulfilling your spouses needs, emotionally, physically, etc.
O- Open with your thoughts, feelings, etc.
R- Respect. Respect your spouse. Respect their time, thoughts, feelings, etc. Respect, can mean 
       admiring their qualities as well. 
T- Time. Spend time with your spouse and be intentional with it. Plan those dates even if they are at 
     home dates.

Go find that loving feeling! 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fork In The Road

Carrie's Story

Totally in Tuesdays